Check us frequently for fresh home school information, including free and low cost curriculum and ideas for home schools

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

 

Multiplication Methods

I was just talking with a friend whose son is learning Multiplication at a private school. He is having a very hard time at home. He feels confused and unsure. She found out that they are teaching a different Multiplication method than she learned with. I never even realized that there were different Multiplication Methods! So I've found out that there at least 4 methods: Partial Products Method, Lattice Method, Short Method, Egyptian Method. I learned using the Short Method although if I am multiplying in my head I use a variations of the Partial Products Method. The other two Methods look absolutely foreign.

See descriptions of these methods

Labels:


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?